Saturday, October 30, 2010

Plan B


Late Thursday afternoon I got word from my attorney that he'd spoken with the DA and she had accepted his proposal. On my next court date, we'll adjourn the case for the longest time allowed by the court, which is probably sometime in February. On the February trial date, our agreement will go into effect, and following either a six-month or yearlong waiting period, I will be in the clear. Of course, this deal is pending the judge's approval, but his objection was to the year postponement of my case. By putting off the case until only February, we avoid that obstacle. Although it's one more court date, this proposal is actually a better deal for me than the original idea because it gets my case dismissed sooner. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.








No comments:

Post a Comment