Friday, October 15, 2010

Happy Birthday


Well, folks, today is my birthday. I took the day off and slept in, then had a late lunch over at Sugar on Houston. Actually, you might as well say it was a late breakfast: egg-white frittata, home fries, rye toast, and freshly squeezed orange juice. Afterward, I walked up Avenue A to the old neighborhood and stopped by Tompkins Square Park. Now that autumn has set in, I felt like drinking a Guinness, and having a pint at 7B was the logical choice. It's there on the southeast corner right across from the park, but it's also my old go-to bar. I walk in, and there's Vanessa the bartender all by her lonesome. It was as if the place had been reserved for me. I sat and drank, made conversation, and Vanessa was kind enough to give me a pint on the house for my birthday. After four pints of Guinness, I'm back home and getting ready for tonight. We're headed to an Indian joint over in the East Village for dinner and then drinking some cold ones on the Lower East Side. It's going to be a good night.








No comments:

Post a Comment