Sunday, October 3, 2010

If It's Not One Thing, It's Another.


As a few of you already know, I was diagnosed with writer's cramp, which is a form of dystonia, not quite a year ago. It's a neurological disorder that prevents me from writing normally, causing great pain and discomfort. Essentially, something is off with the circuitry that runs from my brain to my right hand and forearm. My treatment for this disorder is three shots of Botox in my right arm every three to four months, which relieves the pain and relaxes the muscles in my arm so that I can write. Then a few weeks ago, I began to feel tingling and numbness in my left hand. I went to the doctor, and it appears that I now have carpal tunnel syndrome in that hand. As my dad would say, I can't win for losing.












No comments:

Post a Comment