Friday, September 24, 2010

Uncertainty

A big question mark looms in the distance. My court date is thirty days away. I'm not sure what's going to happen on that day, and I don't know how many times I may have to appear in court. My attorney told me that I'd have at least two or three court appearances. Two months will have passed before my first appearance, and I have no idea how much time will fall between any future appearances. Months? I just don't know, but it seems likely, given that I've had to wait two months for my first one.

A friend of mine once found himself in a similar predicament, and he told me that he spent hours at court that first day to only have his date pushed back a month due to an overloaded docket. When he showed up a second time, it was delayed again. It took months for him to resolve the matter; however, in the end, he prevailed and was exonerated. I hope to do the same.








No comments:

Post a Comment